The Representative Office of the German Adult Education Association in the Republic of Belarus announces a tender for mini-projects within the project “Support of adult education in Belarus”
- Promotion of adult education and lifelong learning.
- Facilitating the professionalization of the adult education system.
- Promoting the right to education for all.
- Developing the policy and institutional structure of adult education.
THEMATIC PRIORITIES OF THE TENDER:
- Broadening access to education for youths and adults in the penitentiary system
- Development and implementation of programs aimed at promoting ideas of creative economy and development of cultural projects in youth environment.
- Establishment of adult education centers and development of district or city strategies / concepts for the development of adult education.
- Development of a professional community of educators (trainers, teachers, managers, etc. – professionals engaged in adult education)
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS should be
- civil-society institutions and other non-governmental organizations registered in accordance with established procedure and carrying out activities on the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- State educational institutions in the social and cultural sphere that would like to implement innovative ideas that correspond to the priorities of the tender.
- District / city administration departments interested in developing adult education on their territory.
Within this tender, applications aimed at working with any target group are accepted. However, initiatives aimed at expanding the range of educational programs for disadvantaged adults (low level of education that leads to poor competitiveness on the labor market, residents of remote areas with limited access to educational services, people in difficult life situations, etc.) will be given preference.
DURATION OF MINI PROJECTS IMPLEMENTATION:
no less than 6 and no more than 9 months.
AMOUNT OF FINANCING: from 4,000 to 6,000 euros.
Criteria for the selection of project applications:
- Compliance with the objectives, conditions and thematic priorities of the tender;
- Completeness and timely submission of the project application and financial plan;
- Quantitative and qualitative coverage of the target audience, while drawing attention to the needs and conducting training events;
- Integration of activities within the project into local and regional development processes;
- Contribution of the project to the development of the system of adult education in the Republic of Belarus;
- Intersectoral cooperation and the creation / development of various forms of interaction and cooperation in the field of adult education;
If the level of applications is the same, preference will be given to mini-projects using innovative social and cultural approaches, as well as to projects aimed at developing intersectoral cooperation.
- Realistic and efficient budget;
- The proposed budget items correspond to the structure of the project activities, their significance in achieving the planned results of the project is apparent;
- Administrative costs associated with the project activity, should not exceed 10% of the requested amount;
- Salaries and honoraria should not exceed 35% of the requested amount ;
- Costs associated with the acquisition of equipment should not exceed 30% of the requested amount;
- Availability of the applicant's or partner’s own contribution (both in monetary and non-monetary terms - premises, volunteer activities, etc.); availability of the organization's own contribution to the category "Administrative costs of the project" is welcomed.
- fill in the application form in Russian or Belarusian (project application with a financial plan annex can be downloaded here or requested via email firstname.lastname@example.org);
- send the electronic project application in MS Word or Adobe pdf format and an electronic financial plan annex in MS Excel format to email@example.com with a topic «Tender for mini-projects» no later than January 9, 2018. The date is determined by the time the e-mail is processed by the server. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
If the project is approved by the selection committee, the grantee organizations register the project in the Department on Humanitarian Affairs under the Office of the President of the Republic of Belarus independently.
The organizer of the tender reserves the right to suggest changes to the proposed activity and budget of the selected project applications.
For additional information and preliminary consultation within the period from 19 to 26 December 2017 you may contact the Representative Office of the German Adult Education Association in the Republic of Belarus by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (017) 207 98 35, (029) 171 93 97, (029) 257 43 97 (Galina Veramejchyk, Marina Malinina).
 Since 2016, when registering foreign non-reimbursable assistance (FNRA) in the Department on Humanitarian Affairs under the Office of the President of the Republic of Belarus, funds, directed to administrative, general economic expenses of recipient organizations (communication services, office expenses, banking services) in any percentage of the total amount of allocated financing sum are not exempt from income tax. Organizations receiving foreign non-reimbursable assistance are obliged to pay income tax on this category of the project budget from their own resources.
 Expenses solely on the salaries of project staff (except the fees for engaged staff - coaches, moderators, experts in project activities) should not exceed 20%.