The programme „Lifelong learning: model program on andragogues training“ (2010-2011) within the Support Program for Belarus FpB) finished in 2011. The project was implemented by the Representative Office of the German Adult Education Association in cooperation with the state educational institution “Academy of Postdiploma education ” and was targeted at enhancing the quality of educational services in Belarus. The following activities were implemented within the project:
- The preliminary analysis of the situation in the system of adult education in the Republic of Belarus on the topics of training and requirements to the qualified educators. Training curricula of pedagogical specialties, research dissertations and educational literature were analyzed. The review of non-state actors’ projects featuring training and retraining of adult education specialists was made. The results of the analysis was presented in the general report that is accessible to a wider public on the website of the Representative Office in the “Publications” section.
- Holding a study trip for the group of the Belarusian experts to Poland (Warsaw, Torun, Gdansk) and the international round table on the topic of andragogues training. 8 Belarusian experts participated in the week long study tour to get acquainted with the educational system transformation, as well as to learn the experience of Polish universities on andragogues training. The study visit was closed by the round table with polish experts on discussing the structure of the model study course in Belarus.
- Working out the programme of andragogues training , holding 2 educational courses for andragogues, made up in accordance with the developed programme. The study curriculum on 40 classes was worked out. The course was approved and tested by the Academy of postdiploma education in the form of a 5-day for the representatives of further education sphere and a 3-day seminars for AE practitioners from state and non-state sectors. Both seminars had a success and proved the urgency of the project.
- Publishing methodological recommendations and programmes of training andragogues. In the published manual “Model programme on andragogues training” scientific, methodological, legal and practical recommendations in the sphere of organization and running the educational process within realization of additional educational programme of andragogues further education – teaching staff of the system of additional adult education and trainers of initiative educational projects for adults. The manual consists of 314 pages and was published in the amount of 300 copies. The publication is accessible for downloading in the “Publications” section.
- Holding the final international round table that aimed at presenting the worked out programme and the published manual as well as discussing the perspectives of further professionalization of adult education in the Republic of Belarus. The Round table was attended by around 70 participants – representatives of state educational institutions, research organizations, private centers of adult education and public enlightening organizations, mass media as well as foreign experts from Germany, Serbia, Ukraine and Moldova.
The developed model programme of andragogues training was approved by the scientific council of the state educational institution “Academy of postdiploma education” and included into the curriculum of the Academy for 2012 as a further education course. Due to participation of the representatives of state and non-state organizations in the approbation of the model programme a network of multipliers was formed able and ready to contribute to the development and dissemination of adult education in the widest educational circles of Belarus.