The aim of the project is to strengthen democratization processes in Ukraine and Belarus through the programs of adult civil education.
Applicants of the project are the national offices of the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Association of National Universities (DVV International) in Ukraine and Belarus, implementing partners are two national adult education associations in Ukraine and Belarus.
Within the framework of the project «Regional Voices - Civic Adult Education for Community Empowerment in Ukraine and Belarus» the project «Regional voices: effective non-formal education for the year of small homeland» is implemented in Belarus (in cooperation with the Association of Life-Long Learning and Enlightenment).
6 local partner organizations from 6 regions of Ukraine (Lviv/Skole, Kyiv, Mykolaiv/Halyzynowe, Kherson, Zaporizhia/Melitopol, Sumy) and 3 local partner organizations from 2 regions of Belarus (Vitsebsk, Hrodna) will be involved in the implementation of the project activities. In Belarus the partners of the project are three affiliated organizations of the Association of Life-Long Learning and Enlightenment:
· Vitebsk branch of the public organization "Young Men's Christian Association" (YMCA Vitebsk);
· Grodno regional public association of young intellectuals "VIT";
· Center for Continuing Adult Education "Studio of Useful Competences".
The project will be implemented from May 1, 2018 to October 1, 2019 and will cover more than 1500 people.
The following activities are provided within the project:
· Introductory webinar;
· Three-day workshop in Minsk "Development of programs on civic education for adults on the basis of identified needs, part 1";
· Online consultations with experts;
· Research on needs of the local communities in 6 Ukrainian and 3 Belarusian regions of the project;
· The four-day autumn academy in Mykolaiv, Ukraine "Development of programs on civic education for adults on the basis of identified needs - part 2";
· Webinar on mutual learning "Adult education as the key to community development":
· Regional round tables "Strengthening community development through adult education" in 6 Ukrainian and 3 Belarusian regions of the project;
· Second meeting of the project team, webinar;
· National round tables in Ukraine and Belarus;
· Implementation of micro-projects in 6 Ukrainian and 3 Belarusian regions of the project;
· The final webinar.