Representative Office of DVV International in Ukraine started its operations in 2010 with the purpose to promote adult education as a key to public welfare and sustainable development.
The goal of DVV International in Ukraine is to support the establishment and development of sustainable structures for youth and adult education.
What we do?
DVV International in Ukraine promotes adult education on three different levels: the micro level (educational measures for adult learners), the meso level (assistance to develop stronger organizational structures of adult education providers and their networks) and the macro level (advisory services on sector policy and public advocacy work). Our strategic priorities are as follows:
- Introduction of empowering adult education methods and innovative approaches as a key in developing citizenship and competences among adults willing to engage in lifelong learning and among those who are hard to reach.
- Development of educational programmes for adults to increase their employability and income, their civic engagement and political participation.
- Strengthening the capacity of adult education providers via trainings, experts exchange at national, regional and international level in order to impact management, content and the delivery mode of adult education.
- Promotion of partners’ inclusion into international processes and cooperation networks of lifelong learning for building synergies among various actors.
- Support publication of methodical and scientific materials in the field of adult education to respond to the learning needs in adult education domain.
- Advocacy for adult education and lifelong learning to increase people’s awareness about benefits of adult education across the country via information campaigns and political dialogue with decision makers.
- Support the development of adult education centres to stimulate demand for learning and improve accessibility of learning opportunities for adults.
- Vocational training of unemployed and socially vulnerable persons
- Senior education
- Adult education in detention facilities and re-socialization of former prisoners
- Formation of historical consciousness and reconciliation, conflict prevention
- Civic education, active citizenship
- Diversification of adult education services in cultural hubs.