Job title: Project Team Leader
Employer: DVV International
Location: Vilnius (Lithuania) or Warsaw (Poland)
Duration of contract: 24 months
Remuneration: Competitive local salary
Application deadline: 18 September 2022, 23:59
The overall objective of the project is to empower youth and young adults in Belarusian society and to strengthen economic and civic initiatives of the Belarusian diaspora in Poland, Lithuania and in neighbouring countries.
Major responsibilities and duties of the team leader:
• Leading and management of a small project team (2 persons) and coordination of activities of the respective staff of two partner organisations
• Successful implementation of the above mentioned 2-years-project targeting Belarusian youth (in Belarus and outside) according to the project proposal and respective guidelines of DVV International and the donor agency (European Commission)
• Operational planning and achievement of the envisaged results (outputs) in cooperation with two project partner organisations
• Assurance of smooth financial management of the project
• Monitoring and evaluation, reporting
• Assurance of the visibility of the project
• Representation of the project, communication and dealing with actors/stakeholders (partner organizations, donors, youth organisations, experts, trainers, etc.)
• Masters’s degree in education, social sciences, political studies, economics, management or other relevant fields
• Profound experience in the education sector (preferably in adult education, lifelong learning, vocational education and training, non-formal learning)
• At least 5 years of experience in project management (elaboration, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, reporting) in a senior position
• Proven experience in implementation of at least one large scale project/action (with a budget of at least 100.000 EUR) in a senior position (for example as project head/team leader)
• Experience in implementation of EU-funded projects would be a clear advantage
• Demonstrated understanding of non-formal educational needs of Belarusian youth (both in Belarus and among Belarusian diaspora in Lithuania and Poland and neighbouring countries) • Proven experience in capacity building for NGOs and/or elaboration of needs based nonformal education programmes (development/promotion of soft skills, digital and entrepreneurial competences, courses in civic education) for youth
• Solid experience in conducting studies and needs assessments
• Excellent analytical and writing/reporting skills
• Fluency in English and Russian is must
• Fluency in Belarusian would be an asset
• Intercultural sensitiveness and ability for team play
• Computer literacy (competent use of popular office programmes)
• Readiness for frequent international travel
• Applications from persons who hold Belarusian citizenship or are of Belarusian origin are particularly welcomed.
Beginning: as soon as possible (in November 2022). If you are interested in the position and meet all requirements, please submit your full electronic application (motivation letter and CV) in English to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 18.09.2022 23:59. Please, specify in the subject line of your message the position name (‘Project Team Leader’) only. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview (where all diploma and certificates mentioned in the CV should be presented in original). Incomplete applications will be rejected.
DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher VolkshochschulVerband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education Association. DVV represents the interests of the approximately 900 adult education centres (Volkshochschulen - VHS) and their state associations, the largest further education providers in Germany. As the leading professional organisation in the field of adult learning and education (ALE) and development cooperation, DVV International has committed itself to promote the right for lifelong learning worldwide and has been implementing country programmes of development cooperation in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe for more than 50 years. DVV International strengthens national ALE-systems in partner countries and provides support for the establishment and development of sustainable structures for youth and adult education. DVV International finances its work through funds from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the German Federal Foreign Office, the European Union, etc.
Download the vacancy description