We received a total of 19 entries for the competition from professional journalists. For the most part, these were text materials as well as video clips. We also received 12 submissions from people who had been incarcerated and not journalists. For the most part, these were textual materials published in the "Trudovoy Put'" newspaper.
For information about the March-October Journalism Competition on "The role of education in the resocialization of convicts and released", see the link.
The jury, which assessed the works and made nominations, consisted of:
- Natalia Gorunova, NGO "Social Projects"
- Marina Zagorskaya OO "Belarusian Association of Journalists"
- Olga Luschinskaya, BSU Journalism Department
- Valeriya Nikalaichyk, DVVI Office in Belarus
- Julia Khlashchenkova, "Belarusian Helsinki Committee"
Journalists' materials category. Publications.
The 1st place:
- Natalya Leshkevich, Pavel Rebko. RANAC. Article "From a teenager to a strict regime zone". Read the article.
- Vladislav Potylkin. City online journal "Belka". Article "How convicts in Homel are helped to become good mothers". Read the article.
Nomination "For unexpected foreshortening of the theme".
- Anastasiya Melekhova, citydog.by. Article "'If it wasn't for you, I would have killed myself. How Minskers save and change lives of convicts with simple letters". Read the article.
Nomination "For popularisation of the theme".
- Tamara Gorlach. The newspaper "Na Strazhe". Article "Got a good idea? Dare!" Read the article.
- Tamara Gorlach. "To diversify means to take steps to improve". Read the article.
- Tamara Gorlach. "To freedom with a clear conscience and diploma". Read the article.
Nomination "For involvement in the theme".
- Denis Pavlenko. Newspaper "Trudovoy Put". Article "Education - a guarantee of a successful future. Read the article.
Journalists' materials category. Videos.
The 1st place:
- Anna Dus, Alexei Bogdanovich, Andrei Herman. Spektr.by. The film "Life after Prison in Belarus: I Want to Remain Human". Link to the film.
Nomination "For Sabbatical Reporting":
- Galina Abakunchyk. Belsat TV. "Rehabilitation of the convicts". Link to the reportage
Category "Materials produced by people serving prison sentences". Publications.
The 1st place:
- Victoria Davydova. Article "Educational programmes as a priority". Read the article.
- Svetlana Polubyatko. Article "Priority - to educational programs". Read the article.
The 2st place:
- Vera Belyavskaya-Kuplinova. Article "My happy tomorrow". Read the article.
The 3rd place:
- Pavel Zenchenko. "The Way to Education". Read the article.
- Roman Mikhailov. "It's never late to study". Read the article.
Nomination "High motivation for education":
- Maxim Rogovenko. "Woodworking - a man's job". Read the article.
Materials prepared by non-journalists submitted to the Competition:
- Aksenova Ekaterina, Karpovich Diana, Kupchenya Valeria Andreevna, Martinchik Victoria Andreevna. "The main thing is not who to be, but how to be" (read).
- Filippova Irina. Article "Keeping up with the times" (read).
- Kovalchuk Andrey. Article "Priority to educational programs" (read).
- Puzan Timur. Article "It is never late to study" (read).
- Senchilo Sergey. "To change life for the better" (read).
- Natalya Levkovskaya."It's never too late to study" (read).